Portable Tornado Shelter
Welcome Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Professionals
Call 713-553-6212 for a Quote or more information!
Pleas ask yourself the following:
Q: What do you tell your employees to do in the event they find themselves in the direct path of a severe storm or tornado?
Q: Do you tell them to flee in vehicles or to seek shelter on their own?
Q: Do you provide shelter for them or do they have to determine what shelter is?
Q: Is a vehicle their only shelter in remote working conditions?
We have a solution to this dilemma.
August 15th, 2013 Blast Test
The CREWSAFE™ Shelter is the only Patented mobile shelter on the market today that is certified to meet or exceed FEMA P 320 and FEMA P 361 guidelines and ICC 500/NSSA standard as authorized by the applicable AHJ (Authority having Jurisdiction). Recent developments in “Anchor-Less” Shelter technology has lead to the development of a truly mobile shelter for remote workers.
It is engineered, designed and tested to withstand the winds of an EF-5 tornado. LTR is the facilitator for leasing and transportation of the Crew Safe™. Click here for the newly posted Blast Test report!
How do you currently protect your Human Assets in remote sites?
The CREW SAFE ™ Multi Purpose Safe Room/Shelter is the answer!
Why CREW SAFE ™?
CREW SAFE ™ is the Mobile Storm Shelter certified to meet and exceed to standards set forth by the National Storm Shelter Association!
CREW SAFE ™ technology is patented and is available only through Authorized Red Dog Distributors/Resellers!
CREW SAFE ™ is designed to function with winds faster than recorded to date in an EF-5 Tornado!
CREW SAFE ™ is also a multipurpose storm shelter, which also serves as a:
First Aid Station
Tool Storage and Lock box
Faraday Cage – Protection from Lightening storms
- “Best Practices” life-saving safety technology
- Designs rated for 30, 20, and 10 person occupancy
- Unique proven, tested and patented design turns destructive wind forces into stabilizing effect
- Designed to withstand wind loads in excess of 350 mph
- No anchoring required to protect against wind forces produced by EF-5 Tornado’s
- Effective shelter weight exceeds 115,000 pounds in 350 mph winds
Crew Safe™ is fully mobile and can be relocated as required or serve as a permanent structure. Safety Applications include:
- Remote Drilling Locations
- Remote Work areas and Production facilities
- Airport Safety Facility
- Chemical and PetroChemical manufacturing facilities
- Hurricane shelters for Coastal Locations
- Heat Pump/AC,
- Cooling Station, Heating Station
- Storm Alert System
- Additional Corrosive Preventatives for caustic chemcial enviroments
- Positive pressure systems for hazzardous chemical protection
- Fold away desk for office
The Red Dog Crew Safe™ Certification Standards & Affiliations
Crew Safe™ shelter components have been impact tested by Texas Tech Wind Science and Engineering Research Center and demonstrated to safely protect against simulated EF-5 tornado debris impacts. Additionally all Crew Safe™ designs have undergone and passed extensive 3rd Party Engineering Evaluation and Analysis for:
- Access, Ventilation, Lighting, Environmental and Fire Safety Requirements.
- Durability of shelter materials for intended installation conditions and environment.
- Stability, strength and serviceability of the structure, doors and ventilation openings.
- Connectivity and anchorage of roof, walls and vessel stabilizing components.
Each shelter is individually stamped and certified by Red Dog via 3rd party analysis to meet or exceed every major US recognized safety standard for EF-5 tornados including the International Code Council (ICC500-2008 American National Standard), the ICC/NSSA STANDARD FOR THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF STORM SHELTERS, the National Storm Shelter Association (NSSA) Standard, the Department of Homeland Security/Federal Emergency Management Agency 320 and 361 Guidelines, and the American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE 7-2005 “Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures”. Red Dog also certifies all CREWSAFE™ shelters are compliant with the FEMA’s Publication “Taking Shelter from the Storm” FEMA P-320, Third Edition/August 2008.
All CREWSAFE™ shelter designs are protected by the United States Patent and Trademark Office under U.S. Patent 8,136,303 and other Patents Pending.
“Work crews temporarily operating in remote areas can be subject to dangers such as tornadoes, hurricanes and explosive blast waves. A re-deployable above ground protective shelter suitable for use in such environments utilizes retractable stabilizing arms and/or passive valved duct work to resist uplift, overturning and sliding. Because the protective shelter does not rely upon excessive weight to counter wind forces, the protective shelter can be quickly, easily and inexpensively redeployed to new sites.”
Call 713-553-6212 for additional information!